Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Tommy White was a local Spartanburg photographer who owned the B & B Photography Studio. This collection contains thousands of photographs and negatives of Spartanburg County taken by B & B Studio from the 1940s to the 2000s. There are also a small number of documents related to the Studio and the White family.
Nineteen (19) photographic negatives created by Spartanburg High School teacher Karl Jeffcoat in the late 1930s and early 1940s. Subjects include: statue at Brookgreen Garden; bridge over Green River at Lake Lure, NC; irises at Swan Lake, Sumter, SC; bridges at Converse, SC; Pacific Mills at Lyman, SC; library at Converse College; ducks at Cleveland Park; covered bridges; High Hills Baptist Church in Stateburg, SC; Mr. and Mrs. D. R. Hill; and trains on the Saluda Grade.
306 photographic negatives created by Joseph Pizzimenti while a soldier stationed at Camp Croft and Fort Jackson between 1941 and 1945. The collection mostly contains 4" x 5" negatives on nitrate film, with a handful of smaller negatives and color transparencies also included.
One roll of negative film depicting a series of aerial photographs taken July 3, 1980 by Paul Fabio. Flight plan indicates two courses, the first of which includes Seneca, Clemson, and the area north of Anderson, the second stretches from north of Lyman to Arcadia, western Spartanburg and south to Pauline. Negative had not been examined to confirm subject areas.
W. Manchester Hudson was a Spartanburg architect whose firm designed residences, schools, and other buildings in Spartanburg county from the 1940s to the 1970s. This collection consists of architectural drawings, photographs, and job specification documents.