Lt. Herbert Rollins digital collection
Lt. Herbert Rollins was a solider stationed at Camp Wadsworth and Camp Jackson during World War I. This digital collection consists of his letters, postcards, and photographs.
- 1917 - 1919
- Rollins, Herbert Roy, Lt. (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available through the library's historical digital collection.
Biographical / Historical
Herbert Roy Rollins was born in 1892 in Buffalo, NY. He enlisted into the National Guard in 1913. In December 1917, he was discharged from the National Guard in order to join the army. He was shipped to Camp Wadsworth and promoted to 2nd Lieutenant. Around July 2018 he was moved to Camp Jackson and promoted to 1st Lieutenant. Rollins never fought in any engagements during the war and was honorably discharged from the Army in April 1919. He married Luella Denny and they had at least two children.
22 Files : 22 digital files
Language of Materials
- Camp Wadsworth (Spartanburg, S.C.)
- Military camps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War I Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- electronic records (digital records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lt. Herbert Rollins Digital Collection
- Harrison Gage
- November 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Kennedy Room of Local History and Genealogy Repository
151 S. Church St.
Spartanburg SC 29306 United States