Harper A. Brakefield collection
World War I induction and discharge papers for Harper A. Brakefield (1888-1976) and four photographs: a portrait of Harper Brakefield, a 1922 image of the American Legion Post 28 marching band assembled in front of Spartanburg City Hall, a 1927 image of a marching band in the American Expeditionary Forces parade in Paris, and a 1930 image of a Spartanburg marching band during a parade at the American Legion Convention in Boston.
- 1918 - 1930
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available by appointment only. Please contact the Kennedy Room for more information.
4 Photographic Prints (1 legal sized archival folder)
2 Sheets (1 legal sized archival folder)
Language of Materials
Single File Collections Box 4: 2014-2015
- Brakefield, Harper A.
- Soldiers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War I Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Harper A. Brakefield collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description