Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Content Description One original photograph depicting interior view of A. Frank Lawter grocery store in Spartanburg. First appearance of the store in city directories occurs in 1911, when the store is listed at 116 South Church Street, where it remains until the 1918 city directory, when it is listed at 118 South Church Street. This photograph likely dates to the store's opening in 1910 or 1911.
Content Description Seven photographs depicting interior and exterior views of the Olney Paint Company's location on Trade Street and St. John Street. Two additional photographs are believed to depict the residence of Robert Olney on Crystal Drive in Spartanburg.
Content Description Eight (8) photos, mostly depicting Spartan Bakery including building at 326 East Main Street (early 1960s) and building at 151 North Church Street (1940s). Another 1965 photo depicts the Cleveland Park train.
Content Description Photocopies of two photographs and one novelty letter originally printed on cotton canvas stationery by the Bank of Spartanburg in 1915 promoting Spartanburg County cotton and industries. One photograph depicts the exterior of the Alva D. Carter Heating and Plumbing business at 113 South Church Street in Spartanburg around 1924. A. D. Carter is depicted on the far left and T. S. Miller, Sr. is on the far right. The other photograph depicts a large gathering of the Parris or Elder family around ...